NOTE: The present continuous is also referred to as the present progressive
In English grammar, the present continuous is used to talk about something that is happening now or around now. Here are some examples:
- I am studying English grammar now.
- They are visiting friends at the moment.
- He is playing football.
The present continuous can also be used to talk about something you are not doing now.
- I am not sleeping right now.
- They are not working today. They have the day off.
- She isn’t watching the TV, she’s playing a computer game.