Before you take the practice test below, make sure you have looked through CEFR Level B2 vocabulary list 3. All of the words in the exercises below are taken from this list. See how many you can complete! The first 2 letters of each word are given – all you need to do is decide which word best suits the context . 1. The police want to talk to him because he was a wi to the crime. Show me the answer
2. Mrs Thomas is on holiday, but if you need something ur we have her mobile number. Show me the answer
URGENT / URGENTLY
3. A man whose wife has died is called a wi . Show me the answer
WIDOWER ( a widow is a woman whose husband has died)
4. When giving a presentation, many people use a pr to remind them of what they plan to say. Show me the answer
5. Many large cruise ships are not able to enter smaller ha if they are not deep enough. Show me the answer
HARBOURS (US spelling is HARBORS)
6. To celebrate the wedding, the family prepared a huge fe with all kinds of food, fruit and desserts. Show me the answer
7. John doesn’t really like children, but he seems quite fo of his nephew. Show me the answer
8. Most wild animals become extremely fi if they are protecting their young. Show me the answer
9. After studying for 3 years, most students end up in significant de which can take years to repay. Show me the answer
10. He has an amazing me for faces – he can remember people he met years ago, even if it was only for a few minutes! Show me the answer
11. The third and final ph of the project involves testing and feedback. Show me the answer
12. In academic writing, you should aim to use fo vocabulary rather than idioms and phrasal verbs. Show me the answerFORMAL Ready to try more exercises? Go back to the main vocabulary page to keep improving your skills!
Want to get the best out of our free site? Create a free membership now so you can keep a track of what you have studied and what you have left to complete. You’ll also get notified when new resources are added!
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.