Free English course Level A1. This is our Free CEFR Level A1 English course. From this page, you can find all the resources to lift your English level up to A1 and towards CEFR Level A2. Before you begin, we recommend that you check your CEFR level first!
So what is the CEFR? The Common European Framework of References for languages is an international standard for describing language ability. This started in the 1990s, and it describes language ability on a six-point scale, from A1 for beginners, up to C2 for those who have mastered a language. The CEFR is used to measure your English, but the same rules can be used for ALL languages in Europe.
So what will I be able to do if I complete Level A1?
- You will be able to use everyday expressions and very basic phrases
- You will be able to go shopping in a supermarket for simple things (bread, milk, sugar, coffee)
- You will be able introduce yourself and others
- You will be able to ask and answer questions about where someone lives, people they know and things they have.
- You will be understand slow and simple conversations.
- You will be able to add basic information to forms, talking about your name, where you live and your phone number.
Let’s get started with the first lesson in our free Level A1 course. Click the first lesson in the table below.