Talking about hobbies and interests in English is a very common topic. What do you do in your free time? Leisure activities are the things you can do when you have free time, like reading a book or listening to music.
In this lesson we will look at:
- verb + gerund (e.g. go swimming)
- verb + noun (e.g. go to the cinema)
Look at the lists below of a few common leisure activities and then do the exercises.
|Verb + gerund|
Verb + noun
|go to the cinema|
go bunjy jumping
play computer games
play table tennis
|surf the internet|
|go for a walk|
Choose the correct verb to complete the sentence.
1. I have been to Queenstown many times but I have never bunjy jumping.
2. Almost everybody the internet in their free time.
3. Bill needed some fresh air so he for a walk.
4. My grandmother often some knitting in her free time.
5. Let’s rent a DVD tonight I’m tired oftelevision.
6. Jenny has beenyoga for 2 years now, she is very fit.
7. John was in the middle ofhis juggling act when he fell over.
8. We haven’tthe gardening for a month, it’s very overgrown.
9. It’s a beautiful day today, let’skayaking.
10. Kevincomputer games all day long at the weekend.