English course Level B1. From this page, you can find all the resources to lift your English level up to B1 and towards CEFR Level B2. Before you begin, we recommend that you check your CEFR level first!
So what is the CEFR? The Common European Framework of References for languages is an international standard for describing language ability. It was first created in the 1990s, and it describes language ability on a six-point scale, from A1 for beginners, up to C2 for those who have mastered a language.It was not designed purely to test your English – it was a system designed to measure ALL languages in Europe.
So what will I be able to do if I complete Level B1?
- Maintain a conversation about familiar topics
- Understand most forms of grammar
- Cope with everyday problems
- Be able to talk about travel plans and travelling
- Talk about experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions
- Give short reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
- Able to understand radio or TV programs if the speaker is slow and clear
- Understand facts and main points, as well as feelings and opinions
- Will be able to talk about a story
Let’s get started with the first lesson in our free Level B1 course. Click the first lesson in the table below.