Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 9 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
B1 Reading – A flyer for a leisure centre
Read a flyer about a leisure centre to practise and improve your reading skills.
Eastwave leisure centre
Eastwave isn’t just a swimming centre and it isn’t just a gym. Eastwave is a council run leisure centre offering a range of fitness activities to suit all needs and all age groups and a range of membership options are available.
Book an appointment today and come and talk with one of our fitness advisors to decide on the best membership option for you!
On the day of your assessment session, your fitness advisor will show you around the premises so you can see the facilities available and which activities will suit you best. The tour will involve a visit to our two swimming pools, our gymnasium and you will be able to observe some of the exercise classes we have on offer.
Options include one-to-one gym training, group pilates and Zumba classes, group water aerobics, one-to-one swimming classes and circuit training.
Your training programme
When you become a member, your first session will be supervised by a fitness trainer. They will show you how to use the gym equipment safely. If you choose to train alone after that, staff will be on site to help if you have any problems or questions. If you choose to train one-to-one or in a small group, the times for your sessions will be set up.
We can make a training plan for you that includes a range of activities on different days to suit your needs. Alternatively, you can swim or train alone.
You can enrol on a month-to-month basis and new members this month have the added bonus of no sign-up fee!
If you prefer, you can enrol for a year and will be entitled to a 10% discount on the regular price if you choose this option.
Our team is committed to supporting the local community.
We host swimming galas, water hockey competitions, diving tuition and many other activities to provide fun activities for pupils at our local schools.
We also proudly provide after school care clubs and holiday activities for school children. If you are a parent yourself, talk to your fitness instructor to see if you can schedule your classes so that your children can join a supervised activity at the same time you are training!
Note: there is an additional cost for the services described above.
Why choose Eastwave?
- Lots of equipment and multiple class times.
- Easy to start, postpone or cancel your membership.
- Flexible hours – we are open from 6am to 9pm 7 days a week!
- Easy access and parking – we are situated right next door to East Street train station and have 300 free parking spaces.
- Qualified and experienced trainers and staff.
- Friendly members – make friends while you get fit!
So what are you waiting for? Join us today!
B1 Reading – A flyer for a leisure centre – 1
Are the sentences true or false?
1. Eastwave offers classes for adults only.CorrectIncorrect
2. Different membership options available.CorrectIncorrect
3. The centre has two gymnasiums.CorrectIncorrect
4. All classes are group classes.CorrectIncorrect
5. There is a discount for annual membership.CorrectIncorrect
6. The centre offers activities for local schools.CorrectIncorrect
7. Free childcare is available for children of adult members.CorrectIncorrect
8. The centre is closed on Mondays.CorrectIncorrect
B1 Reading – A flyer for a leisure centre – 2
Complete the sentences using the words below. Use each word ONCE only.
- Eastwave is operated by the local .
- The first training session is fully .
- Training plans can include a variety of .
- This month there is no to sign up for new membership.
- Training hours are very .
- There is a train station nearby and plenty of .
- Trainers are all qualified and .
- An added bonus is the other clients are very .