General English course Level B2. This is our CEFR Level B2 English course. From this page, you can find all the resources to lift your English level up to B2 and towards CEFR Level C1. Before you begin, we recommend that you check your CEFR level first!
So what is the CEFR? The Common European Framework of References for languages is an international standard for describing language ability. It was first created in the 1990s, and it describes language ability on a six-point scale, from A1 for beginners, up to C2 for those who have mastered a language.It was not designed purely to test your English – it was a system designed to measure ALL languages in Europe.
So what will I be able to do if I complete Level B2?
- present and support opinions in detail
- explain a point of view on a topical issue
- take an active part in informal discussions and formal meetings
- start, control and end a conversation at a high level
- understand the main ideas of complex texts on both concrete and abstract topics
- write clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects
- can understand lectures and most TV news and current affairs programs
- can understand the majority of films
- have a broad reading vocabulary (but sometimes experience difficulty with less common words and phrases)
Let’s get started with the first lesson in our free Level B2 course. Click the first lesson in the table below.