Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise / Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
NOTE: There is no recording for this practice test.
Complete this transcript by dragging the appropriate signpost words to the centre of the boxes to the right (let go when you see a yellow box appear).
- First of all
- As I said
- this isn’t always so
- To put it another way
- Moving on
- Talking about that
- ______, I’d like to thank you all again for coming to this meeting, and to say that I have received apologies from Mrs Brownlow, who won’t be able to attend today.
- _____, I’d like to give you a little more information regarding the additional courses we are running over the summer holiday.
- _____ in the last meeting, we are looking for some of you to act as mentors for our international students arriving over the coming weeks.
- Although our college prides itself on being a welcoming environment in which international students can study and feel at home from the very first day, we now _____.
- Feelings of homesickness, isolation and loneliness are somewhat unavoidable, but I would like, as much as possible, to reduce these factors by teaming new students with existing students who have been here some time. ______, I am looking for volunteers to show the new students around, introduce the place to them and generally ease them into their studies, so if any of you are willing to help, then please come to my office anytime during the week and let me know.
- _____, I’d also like to talk to you about a temporary teacher who will be joining us for the next week or so. He will be teaching history and sociology, and substituting for Miss Kinsale until her recovery.
- _____, if anyone wants to send her a card then just let me know by the end of the day as I will be going to the hospital this evening to visit her.
- _____, unless there is anything else you want to add, we’ll close the meeting. I hope to see some of you during the week.