Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise / Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
Listen to the recording and type your answers in the spaces provided.
Correct 10 / 10 PointsIncorrect / 10 Points
Choose the correct letter A – C
31. Interview situations
- stimulate mixed feelings amongst candidates
- require us to demonstrate similar skills to the real world
- usually last for an hour or more
32. Impressions formed of us by potential employees are most heavily influenced by
- our physical appearance and dress
- our qualifications and work history
- our ability to communicate orally
33. Recruiters often look for new staff
- with high academic ability
- who give an impression of intelligence
- who will integrate with relative ease
34. Before an interview, candidates should
- find out details about the company
- consider possible interview points and responses
- collect references
35. It is not possible to confirm the number of words in the English language
- as it is difficult to judge what is ‘English’ or really Latin, French or German
- as technical and new words are added all the time
- as individual parts of language are often classified differently
Questions 36 and 37
Choose TWO letters A-E
Which TWO apply to active vocabulary?
A. Relates to words with several meanings
B. Not necessarily spoken but often written
C. Add up to around 15,000 words for the average person
D. University graduates have around 60,000
E. Are not only understood but regularly used
Complete the notes below using words from the box and write the correct letter A-H next to questions 38-40
– Reading books / playing board games good way of (38) vocabulary.
– Verbal crutches and (39) errors do not impress employers
– Asking for thinking time can make your answer sound (40)