Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 3 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise / Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
In Task 1 of the IELTS writing test, you are often required to ask for or give information.
Look at the sample questions and decide if you need to ask for information, give information or do both to answer the question correctly. Select the correct answers.
You are planning to visit another city and your friend knows some people who live there and has suggested you contact them.
Write to these people. In your letter
• enquire about good restaurants suitable for a budget traveller
• enquire about places of interest to visit during your trip
• suggest that you meet during your stayCorrectIncorrect
You will soon start a new job and need to move to another city for work. You have a friend who already lives there.
Write to your friend. In your letter
• talk about your new job and reasons for the move
• request help in finding somewhere to live
• tell them what kind of accommodation you are looking forCorrectIncorrect
You are meeting an important business contact from overseas who you have never met in person. You are meeting him/her at the airport.
Write to your business contact. In your letter
• explain that you will meet him/her
• tell them where to wait for you if you are late
• talk about how you will be able to recognise each otherCorrectIncorrect