Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 6 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise / Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
Look at the Task 1 questions below and decide which of the groups of skills you would need to include in an appropriate letter. Select the correct answers.
You recently rented a car from a car hire company. You had a minor accident.
Write a letter to the company. In your letter
- say when and where you hired the car
- describe how the accident happened
- apologise and ask them what you should do now
You ordered a new credit card from your bank three weeks ago but it has still not arrived.
Write a letter to the bank manager. In your letter
- Say when and how you ordered the credit card
- Ask how much longer you will have to wait
- State your dissatisfaction and ask the manager what action he will take over this matter
You have just been staying with a friend. When you arrived home, you found that you had left something important in his/her house.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
- describe what you left behind
- say where you think you left it and
- suggest how your friend could return it
You live in an apartment in university accommodation which you share with another student. You find it very difficult to study there because he or she always has friends visiting. They sometimes have parties until late at night and they often take your food without asking.
Write a letter to the Accommodation Officer at the university. In your letter
- Say what the problems are
- Ask if you can move to a single room next term
- Explain why you would prefer to live alone
Your friend has invited you out for dinner and wants to know which type of restaurant you would like to go to.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- Thank your friend for the invitation
- Say what types of food you prefer
- Suggest a suitable date and time for the meal
You recently applied for a job and asked your old teacher to give you a reference. You were offered the job and will start it soon.
Write a letter to your former teacher. In your letter
- Thank them for giving you a reference
- Tell them that you have been offered the job
- Describe what you will do in the new job