In this lesson, you should have learned…
- what the aims of writing an introduction are.
- that you should give an indication of what you are going to write about and give a general statement about the topic in the first sentence.
- that you should not give a brief history of the topic, write too many words, use vocabulary from the question if avoidable write overused introductory phrases.
- that there are three steps to consider when writing an introduction (keywords, rephrasing & giving balance and direction).
- some of the common errors you should avoid when writing an introduction.
- how an introduction should be presented in a complete essay.