Complete the phrasal verbs with ‘go’ exercises below by choosing the correct answer (a), (b) or (c) to test your knowledge of phrasal verbs.
Sorry for the interruption. Please ___________ with your report.
(a) going on (b) went on (c) go on
1. They have _________ together for four years and have now decided to get engaged.
(a) going out (b) been going out (c) went out
2. Don’t worry if you don’t understand everything right now, we will _________ everything again before the meeting.
(a) go through with (b) go with (c) go through
3. I think you are so brave. I don’t think I could cope with what you have ______________.
(a) gone for (b) gone with (c) gone through
4. They have decided to _________ the redundancies despite pleas from staff.
(a) go through with (b) go without (c) go over
5. I have brought along a bottle of white wine which will _________ the chicken you’re cooking for dinner.
(a) go with (b) be going with (c) goes with
6. The company is so unprofessional they have _____________ every promise they made in the contract.
(a) went back on (b) gone back on (c) go back on
7. I’m sorry I can’t _____________ your plan; I just don’t agree with what you want to do and can’t offer you my support.
(a) go through (b) go over (c) go along with
8. I should have time ________________ your work tomorrow. I’m sorry, I’m too busy today.
(a) will go over (b) going over (c) to go over