IELTS Life Skills – A2 Speaking and Listening 20 minutes
The following information shows the focus of the IELTS Life Skills – A2 Speaking and Listening test and the types of tasks that you may need to complete.
- listening and responding to spoken language, including straightforward information, short narratives, explanations and instructions
- communicating information, feelings and opinions on familiar topics
- talking with one or more people in a familiar situation, to establish shared understanding about familiar topics.
Tasks may include the following:
- giving opinions
- giving personal information
- stating preferences
- asking for information or descriptions
- agreeing and disagreeing
- explaining, giving reasons or justifying
Link to British Council examples: