Have you read the information page on the future simple tense (will / be going to)? Click here to read it before you try the future simple exercises.
Remember to register to get email updates.
Complete the future simple exercises below with ‘will’ or ‘going to’ to test your knowledge of the future simple.
will: will + (base form of the verb)
(be) going to: be (am, are is) + going to + (base form of the verb)
Example: He __________________ (resign) today as he accepted a new job offer last week.He is going to resign today as he accepted a new job offer last week.
1. “Why don’t you come to my house this evening?”. “Oh, okay. I _______________ (bring) some pizza.”click here to see the answer
2. Look at that driver! He’s on the wrong side of the road and he’s travelling too fast. I’m sure he ______________________ (crash)!click here to see the answer
3. By 2014, the global population ______________________ (be) nearly 7 billion.click here to see the answer
4. A: we need some more milk. B: I know. I ___________________ (get) some later – it’s on my shopping list.click here to see the answer
5. He _______________________ (win) the race easily. Look, he’s so far ahead of the others!click here to see the answer
6. I promise I _______________________ (send) you an email at least once a week while I’m away!click here to see the answer
7. I _______________________ (exercise) more regularly from now on. I joined the local gym yesterday.click here to see the answer
8. Future generations _______________________ (live) longer than people do now.click here to see the answer
9. I didn’t know he needed a lift. I _____________________ (take) him home if you like.click here to see the answer
10. I _____________________ (have) a check up at the dentist tomorrow – I booked the appointment last week.click here to see the answer