Before you take the practice test below, make sure you have looked through CEFR Level C2 vocabulary list 2.
See how many you can complete! The first 2 letters of each word are given – all you need to do is decide which word best suits the context .
1. Many governments are not willing to ban the sale of tobacco because of the significant re generated from tax. Show me the answer
2. Wealth and resources should be al evenly rather than having such divides between rich and poor. Show me the answer
3. He was ap about meeting her for the first time, but they ended up having a great time. Show me the answer
4. A rebel is defined as someone who does not co to the rules and restrictions of everyday society. Show me the answer
5. Adding a little salt to your food while cooking can often en the flavour. Show me the answer
6. I failed my last assignment because my work did not meet all of the cr required for a pass grade. Show me the answer
7. The presentation she gave was very co; I could understand all of her ideas. Show me the answer
8. Herbal medicines are seen by some to be an ideal co to medicine prescribed by their doctors. Show me the answer
In this section of our course, we will look at critical thinking- what it is, why it's important and how it can help you improve your English. Let's start with a definition - what is critical thinking? In short, critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and...
Different types of jobs in English. On this page, we will look at different types of jobs. How many of these jobs you know? Health: Doctor, nurse, dentist (teeth), veterinarian [also called vet] (animal doctor) Shopping: salesperson, sales assistant, shopkeeper People...
Different types of journalism in English. On this page, we will look at the different types of journalism that you can find around the world. This page continues on from the information presented on the news in Level B1, so if you haven't seen that lesson yet, we...