Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise / Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
Complete the future simple exercises below with ‘will’ or ‘going to’ + the base form of the verb to test your knowledge of the future simple. Type your answers in the spaces provided.
will: will + (base form of the verb)
(be) going to: be (am, are is) + going to + (base form of the verb)
Example: He __________________ (resign) today as he accepted a new job offer last week.
He is going to resign today as he accepted a new job offer last week.
1. “Why don’t you come to my house this evening?”. “Oh, okay. I (bring) some pizza.”
2. Look at that driver! He’s on the wrong side of the road and he’s travelling too fast. I’m sure he (crash)!
3. By 2024, the global population (be) over 7 billion.
4. A: we need some more milk. B: I know. I (get) some later – it’s on my shopping list.
5. He (win) the race easily. Look, he’s so far ahead of the others!
6. I promise I (send) you an email at least once a week while I’m away!
7. I (exercise) more regularly from now on. I joined the local gym yesterday.
8. Future generations (live) longer than people do now.
9. I didn’t know he needed a lift. I (take) him home if you like.
10. I (have) a check up at the dentist tomorrow – I booked the appointment last week.
11. Do you think our new teacher (be) as nice as our old one?
12. Take an umbrella with you when you go out. Look at the clouds it (rain)!
13. I heard last week that Susan has had a baby so I (visit) her tomorrow.
14. Person A: “Can I speak to Sam please?”
Person B: “Sorry, he’s in a meeting.”
Person A: “Okay, I (call) him again later.”
15. Jane (be) 21 next week. Where has the time gone?
16. Person A: “I had a horrible day at work.”
Person B: “Did you? I (take) you out for dinner, that should help to cheer you up!”
17. I (buy) a new car next week now I’ve saved enough money.
18. We (probably / already / be) at the hotel by the time you arrive.
19. He hasn’t studied at all. He (not / pass) his exams!
20. Person A: “I don’t understand this question.”
Person B: “What is it? Let me have a look. I (help) you.”