Practise using intensifiers and mitigators in English. In this exercise, test your skills with using intensifiers and mitigators in English. When you have finished the test, click the ‘View questions’ button to get more detail on your answers.
Have you signed up to become a full member? You can keep a record of your progress and get email updates when new content is added!
Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 8 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise / Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
Choose the correct intensifier/mitigator to complete the sentences.
1. I’m __________ hungry so I think I’ll have a snack.CorrectIncorrect
2. I’m __________ sure that I know the correct answer, but I’m going to check with the teacher just in case.CorrectIncorrect
3. I’d __________ like to go out to the cinema tonight. Do you want to come?CorrectIncorrect
4. I’m ___________ tired. I think I’ll have an early night!CorrectIncorrect
5. ‘What’s wrong with Jim?” “Don’t worry, he’ll be okay. He’s __________ upset – he’s had a bad day at work.”CorrectIncorrect
6. The test is __________ difficult, but you’ll pass if you study hard!CorrectIncorrect
7. Jake was __________ devastated when his grandmother died – they were so close.CorrectIncorrect
8. That suitcase is __________ bigger than this one, so I think I’ll take that one.CorrectIncorrect