Exercise / Test Summary
0 of 4 questions completed
You have already completed the exercise / test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise / Test is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise / test.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
Complete the sentences below using the correct form (gerunds or infinitive). Type your answers in the spaces provided.
EXAMPLE: HAVE – He deserves _______ a holiday; he has been working so hard.
ANSWER: to have
1. DANCE – is not just fun, it is also great exercise.
2. WATCH – I find movies very relaxing.
3. REPLACE – I can’t afford my car at the moment.
4. TAKE – I am contemplating a new hobby.
5. SEE – I demanded the manager so I could make a complaint.
6. MISS – I keep you every time you come back to visit – it seems I’m always out of town that day!
7. GET UP – He resents so early every day.
8. TALK – He came with me yesterday.
9. SEE – I fail what the problem is.
10. READ – a book is more interesting than watching a film.
11. RECEIVE – They acknowledged the letter.
12. SKI – She adores .
13. WORK – I chose during the holidays.
14. GET – I hope the opportunity to work with him.
15. MAKE – They have delayed a decision until the boss returns.
16. SUE – The customer threatened the company for incompetence.
17. DISCUSS – I recall the issue during a previous meeting.
18. INTRODUCE – The teachers discussed a new course at their last meeting.
Complete the gerunds and infinitives exercises by choosing the correct option (a) or (b) to complete each of the sentences. Drag the meanings to the boxes on the right of the appropriate sentences (let go when you see a yellow box appear).
- He had posted the letter, but then didn't remember doing it
- He didn't post the letter because he didn't remember to do it
He forgot posting the letter.
He forgot to post the letter.
- I have to give bad news in a formal situation
- I said something I wish I hadn't
I regret to inform you about this situation.
I regret informing you about this situation.
- Action then memory – I locked the door and now remember doing it
- Action then memory – I locked the door and now remember doing it~=(b)Memory then action – I remembered I had to lock the door, then I did it
I remember locking the door.
I remembered to lock the door.