IELTS Life Skills – B1 Speaking and Listening 22 minutes
The following information shows the focus of the IELTS Life Skills – B1 Speaking and Listening test and the types of tasks that you may need to complete.
- listening and responding to spoken language, including straightforward information and narratives, and follow straightforward explanations and instructions
- communicating information, feelings and opinions on familiar topics, using appropriate formality
- talking with one or more people in a familiar situation, making relevant points and responding to what others say to reach a shared understanding about familiar topics.
Tasks may include the following:
- giving opinions
- giving personal information
- stating preferences
- asking for information or descriptions
- agreeing and disagreeing
- explaining, giving reasons or justifying
- showing contrast, cause, reason or purpose
- asking about past or future events
- expressing future certainty or possibility
Link to British Council example: